Friday, January 16, 2015

All Kinds of Hijinks at Queen Mob's



Russell Bennetts and I talk about Bombyonder, coffee and Kid Rock as part of his on-going series, Poets Online Talk About Coffee.

Spoiler: I don't like coffee.



By popular demand (snort) I did a Tarot Spat regarding a Patton Oswalt tweet from earlier this week.



I asked the Bibliomancy Oracle to make some literary prophecies for 2015. As usual, it did not disappoint.

Queen Mob's Teahouse has only been open for a little over 2 months, but I'm in awe of all the pieces appearing there. I'm not aware of any arts/literary magazine with both the range and willingness to cover important subjects all while being so vibrant. Of course, I'm biased, but I'm really thrilled to be a part of it.

There's poemsfiction and weird advice, oh my!

Here's just a handful of recent posts I'm recommending (it's in no way a complete list):

Essay: NEW YORK, 2014 by Rebecca Loudon
Essay: 2015: THE YEAR WE GET ANGRY AGAIN by Sarah Certa
Satire: ‘JE SUIS!’ STARRING THE KU KLUX KLAN: A VERY (VERY) POORLY DRAWN COMIC STRIP by Rion Scott
Essay: WARMAN WRITES ABOUT SEX by Laura Warman
Review: FORCE MAJEURE (2014): A PORTRAIT OF DISHARMONY by Jacqueline Valencia
Essay: SHAME AND THE RUIN OF THE ARISTOCRACY by Daniel Tutt
Interview: PUTIN TEST: VLADIMIR SAVICH (interviewed by Russell Bennetts)
Review: I WENT TO THE SAME MFA SCHOOL AS JOANNA RUOCCO by Mark Baumer
Art: HAUTE PORTRAITURE by Greg Bem 
Sight Unseen Review: ANTICHRIST 2 by Gary J Shipley
Sight Unseen Review: TARZAN (2016) by Rachel Milligan
Sight Unseen Review: MR TURNER by Erik Kennedy
Poems: POEMHACK: “BELTED GALLOWAYS OF FEARRINGTON VILLAGE” by Donald Dunbar
Essay: ZONE HOLES ARE REAL, OR POET PARENTING: AN EXAMINING POLEMIC IN COMPARISONS by Russell Jaffe
Essay: WOLVES & SHEEP: SOME “BAD” SEX WRITING – WISDOM – by Rauan Klassnik
Fiction: THE HEALER by João Cerqueira (translated by Chris Mingay)


Ok, I better stop, I could go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment