Saturday, March 14, 2015

Reb Livingston Suggests Everything


Inspired by a Borges reading list that was making the rounds, I'm doing a new regular feature at Queen Mob's called Reb Livingston Suggests Books For Your Personal Library. I plan on adding books for the rest of eternity.

And there are new Poemblots for poems by Sarah FoxTarfia FaizullahTeresa BallardLynn Behrendt, G. M. Palmer and Brent Terry.

Unless you're living under a bookless news rock, you've heard about Hausfrau, the new book by G's godmother, Jill Alexander Essbaum, coming out in a few days.

Yeah, I plan on spending all next week hanging out by the front table at my local Barnes and Noble saying, "That's my son's godmother, you know."

I will also be passing out flyers highlighting all the kick ass small presses who were publishing Jill's excellent books long before the big dogs ever heard of her.

Heaven (Bakeless Prize, selected by Agha Shahid Ali, published by Middlebury Press, 2000)

Oh Forbidden (editor H. Palmer Hall, Grove Press, 2005)

Harlot (editor, ahem, published by No Tell Books, 2007)

Necropolis (editor Neil Ellis Orts, published by neoNuma Arts, 2008)

The Devastation (editor Adam Deutsch, published by Cooper Dillon Books, 2009)


I suggest you get the entire Jill Alexander Essbaum backlist in addition to Hausfrau.

I suggest you do it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment