Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010's first medical emergency

Last night around midnight Chris slipped on the wood floor while holding two drinking glasses. (He's a gentlemanly type, headed to the kitchen to refill both of our glasses). One hit the ground hard and shattered into thousands of pieces, some pieces were as small as dust.

I told him he better not have broken his ass, that's my m.o.

He cut himself in a few places on his hands including one small artery near his thumb.

Click for gross-out emergency room pic

He says his blood squirted onto the doctor's face.

Chris failed to get a gross-out picture of that.

He's fine now, a few stitches, x-ray AOK.

I did not fail to seize the opportunity to practice my glass and blood removal skills.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
--Rahm Emanuel


See.

I'm in 2010 to win.

I received The Other Rebecca's confirmation today.

She drew the 8 of Wands on New Year's for me.

That's indicates a time of excitement and movement channeled in a positive direction.

I concur. All the spreads I've done for myself this past month are full of Wands.

Think fire.

Which, omigod, on December 22 I dreamed the serial killer who cut off my head and hands told two little girls to throw me in the fire, but they didn't cause I could influence them. They threw me on the pile of wood next to the fire and lit my candles. I became a piece of firewood (wand), blowing in the wind, planning my wrath-fueled return to come back for that murderous motherfucker.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. There's a lot of blood and fire and determination in this post. It looks like a powerful year ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! May that be the ONLY medical emergency for the year.

    ReplyDelete