Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gideon wants it all.

He wants school tomorrow and he wants Snowmageddon. (December's storm was named Snowpocalypse) He's not getting his wish. Fairfax County just announced that schools are closed tomorrow. The latest prediction is that we'll get 16"-26" of snow. That's more than the December storm and this is supposed to be a "wet" snow, meaning heavy, meaning trees will come crashing down.

I decided to adjust my attitude towards the storm. I am now looking forward to it. I am looking forward to watching it from inside my home. I have embraced Gideon & Chris' excitement. Tonight I will wear my pajamas inside out and flush ice cubes down the toilet. (They taught Gideon that at school, for real)

I am choosing happiness.

Last night we went to the grocery store, which was packed, of course. I made what I thought was a joke about how I was going to run down the aisles screaming "oh my god!"

But Gideon said that's what I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment