Monday, March 1, 2010

5

I had a really nice day with Gideon. We stayed home for most of the weekend because he had a fever. Friday night he threw up on Chris. I'm always jealous when he throws up on Chris. Children are supposed to throw-up on their mothers.

Gideon is still a snot fountain, but the fever is gone and he's back to his usual self. We took our first walk around the lake in 2010. He kept saying this is amazing and this is such a beautiful day. We sat at a coffee shop. I drank cinnamon tea and Gideon didn't eat his doughnut because it wasn't as tasty as he imagined. I said it's still pretty good and he replied not good enough. He composed a poem on a napkin entitled "Google." He talked about how when he grows up he and his best friend, Mariella, will work at Google together. I read some of Thomas Merton's Contemplative Prayer on my Nook and Gideon read Is that a Wocket in your Pocket? and then the shop owner's Korean newspaper. Gideon spent 20 minutes pretending he could read Korean. He spoke to the paper. I said what? and he said I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to the newspaper. Then we went home and finished his thank-you notes for his birthday presents. I addressed the envelopes, he wrote the rest. Sure, it's illegible, but I'm not going to be one of those mothers who writes her kid's thank you notes.

In the evening we met Chris at a restaurant for dinner. Chris and Gideon had an argument about a revolving door. Gideon wouldn't speak to Chris. I mediated. I said, Daddy, you have to respect that Gideon is 5 now. He can go through the revolving door all by himself. Gideon nodded his head. Chris agreed. It was all good after that.

The three best movies ever are Tooth Fairy, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007). Not only is TMNT the best, it's also awesome.

There's an emoticon that makes a pile of shit.

It's hilarious and it's been decided that I have no sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. What a philistine! The original TMNT was far superior.

    ReplyDelete