Friday, December 31, 2010

guess the dream poet - part 2

Guess which poets listed (or possibly omitted) in the below dream anthology belongs in the blanks.


I'm running down the street to get to the radio station. There's people everywhere. I consider asking someone to do the show with me. I see ________. I ask him/her if he/she would like to say bitchy stuff about poetry on the radio. ______ agrees.

* * *

My clothing store, which is a lot like a Banana Republic, is about to open. I go there still wearing my pajamas to set up, unlock the door, turn the lights on, etc. My store is right next to _______'s store. I look at my display and compare it to _______'s. My clothes are more expensive, better quality, but they look the same, same style and colors. I try to change up my display to make it look a little different, I grab a pair of pink slack to put on it, but see that _______ has pink slacks too.

* * *

I make _______ a bridesmaid in my wedding. I make him/her carry a banana.

* * *

A man is in some kind of trouble with the law and is hiding out in an apartment building. He dies. His accomplice is in trouble too. He/she is sick. His/her face is covered in nail polish. It's _______. He/she is lying on the floor of the apartment.

* * *

I'm sitting on the floor, leaning up against a wall with my college roommate and ______. ______ makes reference to some lines in his/her book about garlic and my dismissive response (something about it being small and slight in my mouth, it almost sounded like I was referring to a small penis). _______ reads the lines. I shake my head and say I don't know what he/she is talking about. My college roommate looks at me like I'm stupid, even she knows what _______ is talking about. While I didn't immediately recognize the lines, I do know what he/she talking about, but insist that I don't. I am struck at how at the time of writing, I was totally dismissive and possibly even mean in my response. Eventually I say "look, it's been years since I read your book and I don't remember it." I spent a lot of time and energy trying to forget that stuff so he/she shouldn't be trying to make me remember. He/she seems really hurt, but I shrug. I seem heartless and cold. I'm OK with that.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment