Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Guess the Dream Poet (2013) - Part 5

Guess which poets listed (or possibly omitted) in the below dream anthology belongs in the blanks.

* * *


_______has strange hair that sort of pops up in the back like a tail. There's something in his/her hair that does this, it looks like a tube, maybe of some kind of hair product. I want to snip it off, but know he/she wants it there, so I cover it with some kind of cup. 

I believe this looks better.

* * *


__(Poet 1)__ is responding online to jokes and insults that __(Poet 2)__ (and to a lesser extent, me) have made online about him/her. __(Poet 1) points out what we've done and said. I want to contact __(Poet 1)__ and let him/her know that anything I've ever wrote was only done in jest. __(Poet 1) somehow knows about a file folder about him/her where __(Poet 2)__ and I add our jokes and insults.

* * *

_______ recently moved to NYC. I refer to something relating to him/her as "traditional." _______ shushes me. He/she motions to his/her sister behind me. I didn't mean "traditional" as an insult, but more as a description, but perhaps the sister might not want to be referred to as traditional. I ask the sister if she lives in Wisconsin. She says that she just moved to "the city." I know she means NYC, but I think it's obnoxious when people refer to it as "the" city, so I play dumb and ask which city. When she tells me NYC I tell her that I live right outside of DC so when I hear "the city" that's what I think of.

* * *

I'm on a porch discussing politics with a group of people. George Will is here and very loud. I explain to someone that this weekly meeting has been happening for years, way back when my grandfather was alive and lived here. George Will is one of the few from that time that is still around and attends. The discussion ends. George Will gets up and walks away. he's wearing some very fashion-conscious black pants, with zippers. For a moment he looks like _______.

* * *

I'm in a car with _______. There are these "cool" poets, biker, dreadlock-wearing poets who's been ignoring me for years standing in the parking lot. I've applied for their attention before, but they continue to ignore me. They don't recognize my uniqueness or innovation. They get in their van, drive around the parking lot. I assume they're ignoring me again, but one of the cool woman poets looks at me. I wave. They stop, but want to talk to _______.They want to photograph ______ for something. _______ has only one look, it's plain and not very interesting. They want _______ to do different poses and make different faces. I try to help _______ by giving him/her direction. _______ makes some funny poses, like Rodin's thinker. They pose _______ next to a replica of a city. I suggest to _______ that he/she pick up the buildings and pretend to eat them. I think this is pretty interesting. But the cool poet photographer doesn't agree and stops snapping pictures.

* * *

_______ says she will mother me, mother me ten times.

* * *

__(Poet 1)__ developed a close relationship with __(poet 2)__. It's unclear if their relationship was platonic or more. __(Poet 1)__ described it as them be "close cousins." People didn't react well to their relationship and __(Poet 2)__ felt like she had to cut it off. I explain to __(Poet 1)__ that people discriminate against older women with younger men. __(Poet 1)__ tells me that there were serious bomb threats.




No comments:

Post a Comment